We accept submissions for the following categories:
· Features (articles, interviews, journalism...)
· Art (painting, illustration, photography...)
GUIDELINES AND TIPS
· Poetry - if you are submitting poetry please submit no more than 4 poems per submission. Each poem should be formatted in .doc/Word document format (please do NOT send a .pdf). If sending multiple poems, please put them on the same document, with each new poem starting on its own new page. Poems will be published without editing so it is up to the contributor to ensure their spelling and punctuation is as intended.
N.B spoken word - if your poetry is intended as a spoken word piece/or has been performed as spoken word, please email us at email@example.com . You may be invited to do a video performance of your work if selected. Do NOT send us a video in the first instance, always send your poems in writing first.
· Fiction - if you are submitting short fiction please submit no more than two works per submission. Each story should be formatted in .doc/Word document format (please do NOT send a .pdf). If sending multiple works, please put them on the same document, with each new story starting on its own new page. Our word limit for short fiction is 2,000 words per story.
· Features - if you are submitting a piece of non-fiction (e.g. article, interview, review etc) please submit no more than two works per submission. Each piece should be formatted in .doc/Word document format (please do NOT send a .pdf). If sending multiple works, please put them on the same document, with each new piece starting on its own new page. Our word limit for features is 2,000 words per piece. Please also write a short pitch giving us the gist of your piece by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before sending.
· Art - if you are submitting works of visual art (e.g. photography, paintings, drawings, illustrations etc) please submit no more than 5 works per submission. Each work should be formatted in .jpg or .png in sRBG colour profile (photography) or RGB/CMYK (illustration, paintings...), at least 300 pp and no watermarks. Please name each artwork, and if it belongs to a series, please mention the series name too.
1. RIGHTS: We can only accept pieces from the copyright holder of the submissions. The artist owns all the rights but you might understang that submitting your work to VAINE Magazine allows us to use it in the following ways:
· to publish it in online/digital format.
· to publish it on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter...) and on the VAINE Magazine's website.
2. CREDITS: Add all Instagram handles of your team. Double-check with the team as we will not accept any changes or updates. If you don't send them upon initial submission, we cannot guarantee you will be tagged.
3. THEME: It is desirable that all your submissions fit the theme of each issue. Check the open call for submissions poster at home page or our Instagram feed.
4. EXCLUSIVITY: We prioritize exclusive and unpublished pieces. Although we accept some non exclusive work if fits our publication.
5. DIVERSITY: Our publication prides itself on showcasing the diversity within our generation.
6. COMMON REASONS FOR REJECTION:
- Your submission does not comply with our requirements or guidelines.
- You have sent more pieces than permitted.
- Your work is unsuitable or does not fit with the theme or values.
- Images contain watermarks.
+ All submissions will be reviewed – Submission does NOT mean publication
+ By submitting to VAINE Magazine, you agree to the above terms and agreements.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Please read carefully the guidelines below
*TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK please download the form by clicking the button. Once completed, please send it via email to email@example.com including your attached works.